My Nighttime Skincare Routine for Winter


(left to right)

Micellar Cleansing Water for sensitive skin - Garnier
Double Phase Eye Makeup Remover for sensitive skin - Bielenda (similar here)
2in1 refreshing toner mist - Tołpa (similar here)
Anew Clinical Hydra Recovery Overnight Mask - Avon 
Cocoa Butter Lip Therapy - Vaseline 


I've written so many winter-themed posts and articles already that opening this one with 'as you've probably noticed, it is getting COLD' sounds like a curse I do not want to put on my poor readers.

So, let's just take that fact for granted now and not mention it again.

The above stated weather conditions can be a real test for our skin, which is going to get super dry, dull and dehydrated, asking for even more love and care from us. 
But, at least in my case, winter season also means getting lazy with my skincare routine and life in general, and at times neglecting parts of my self-care habits due to bed being way to cosy to get up, walk up to the mirror and apply moisturiser.

So, to inspire myself and others, who think they should probably take better care of their faces throughout the next few months, I've made a compilation of products and steps that I use to achieve a plump, nourished, happy and glowing skin :)

Take Off your Day 

I can't stress that enough - don't take your makeup off and you might as well skip the rest of the routine, as this is the most crucial part. Because I use heavy duty waterproof eye makeup, the double-phase gentle oil removers tend to work best for me and don't require much rubbing in the delicate eye area. To remove the rest of my makeup, as well as any oily residue, I stick to the super simple micellar water - it doesn't irritate, doesn't dry my skin out and does the job. That's all you need really. 

Tone! 

I used to see no point in toning, or maybe it was my laziness speaking for me again - that was until I discovered this 2 in 1 white flower mist, which I've been using as a refreshing, extra-cleanse step in my routine (great for cooling your face off during the summer months too!). It leaves my face squeaky clean and prepped for moisturising. Toner brings back the ph value balance and soothes, not to mention its floral scent is like a breath of spring! 

Bring Hydration Back

My skin can turn from normal to parched and tight in just a few hours if I forget to moisturise, so I actually switch to a double moisture method during the winter months to completely prevent dry, flaky skin from appearing and ruining my makeup in the morning. 
I first apply Bio Oil to help reduce redness and discoloration around my chin and nose area, and once it sinks in, I go over it with my hydrating spa overnight mask. It has a thick, jelly like formula with tiny beads that melt onto your skin and create a half-mask, half-moisturiser layer to protect your skin and keep it plump throughout the night. Both huge staples in my skincare collection, I solemnly recommend. 

Don't forget the lips

Finally, a product which many have a love/hate relationship with, but I find it works well for me and my (often super cracked) lips - Vaseline. The cocoa butter scent is extra indulgent and the thick consistency keeps any cracking at bay, which means I can apply any matte lipstick the next day without looking like I haven't had any drinking water in at least 5 days. Great for this time of year and very budget friendly too, so go get some ;)


What are your Winter staples that you and your skin love to pieces? Let me know! 


Keep warm,



Comments

Popular Posts