Edible and Drinkable Current Favourites!



Looking at the photo above, I'm slightly concerned I've clearly become more obsessed with food and drink than with what I'd usually feature in monthly favourites, aka makeup and fashion bits. 

But what can you do - desperate times call for desperate measures, and since I've been spending most of my life in the dungeons of the university library, faceless and dressed in rags (with a trace of eyebrows visible on good days), I honestly haven't had any favourites of that sort for the longest time. 

I have, however, been fuelling my study days with energising beverages than are not Lucozade and eating, grazing, snacking - to keep my stomach happy and grumbling-free and my brain nourished and ready to smash all of these essays. Here they are ! 

I never leave the house without breakfast, but don't have the time to faff about with it too much, so this Rude Health porridge mix has come in really handy in the past few months. It's a mixture of nutritious grains and seeds that form the creamiest mixture in less than 2 mins in the microwave and don't require any extras - apart from some fruit and maple syrup maybe. 

I have invested in a lot of in-between meals snackage too, as it is so easy to grab a Snickers, but it's not something I want to get into a habit of doing on a daily basis. So, as a healthier replacement, I've been munching on these Lidl crispbreads, which have a fairly clean ingredient list and are wonderfully crunchy (be careful to not create too much noise, if you eat those in a silent study area though).
On a more decadent side, the Doisy&Dam organic dark chocolate has kept my magnesium levels (drastically lowered by the coffee intake) normal and is the perfect tiny size for a one-time snack attack - for a person who eats everything at once no matter what quantity, the smaller the better really. 

Onto some liquid joys - and as a tea addict, I can assure you these are the best out of my vast collection, so definitely give them a try! The Lemon & Ginger tea, again from Lidl, helps whenever I feel a cold creeping up and is great for evenings when I actually need to get some sleep in, as it's caffeine free. 
My speciality green tea addiction, on the other hand, has been spoiled with this amazing indulgence collection from Twinings. Their salted caramel flavour was incredible, but the Cherry Bakewell green tea - don't even get me started on it. It's essentially a 2 calorie warming dessert in a cup with no sugar and lots of antioxidants. A cuppa for special occasions only though, as it's bloody expensive! (but.so.worth.it, trust me). 

Last but certainly not least, is one of my souvenirs from a research trip to London and a purchase I've been planning to make for ages, but couldn't decide on the colour and didn't want to spend that much money on a travel mug. This Starbucks thermal tumbler is so much more than a travel mug though! It's the perfect size, keeps your bevvie hot for hours and doesn't spill thanks to the suction cap. It's also ombre blue, which I am loving. I see it as an investment and I am extremely happy with it, all fashionable and hydrated with my favourite teas and coffee all day long. Did I mention that you get a discount at Starbucks, if you give them your reusable cup to prepare your drink in? I am absolutely SOLD and I recommend you all to get one too, there are plenty to choose from :) 

Let me know your healthy drink and snack options for study days, or something you've been loving to eat and sip on lately - I'd love some recommendations! 


Hugs,





Comments

Popular Posts