OOTD: Burberry and Paddington




Photography: Weronika Pukrop 


[[Trench/jumper/belt - thrifted
Scarf - Primark
Necklace - Grandma
Trousers - H&M
Bag- Zara
Boots - H&M]]



Me and the broadly defined 'Britishness' can have our little disagreements, not gonna lie, but when it comes to fashion and the timeless, yet effortless chic, I have always been full of admiration (and jealousy) towards Brits' for doing it so well.

As my style evolves, I seek innovative ways of wearing your typical almost-workwear pieces and turning them into something young, possibly Urban Outfitters inspired, and casually 'thrown together' with the 'just rolled out of bed' attitude. 

Starting with structured trousers, I opted for a loose, slightly baggy pair that sits comfortably on my hips. Rolling up your turn-ups always adds to the swanky Camden drug addict look, which I personally adore and always strive for.
It also allows the need to show off a glimpse of bare skin and full glory of your stompers (which I secretly wish were Doc Martens) to be fulfilled.

Then comes the top half, which consists of my favourite speckled grey fusion between a thick jumper and a cotton highneck. Keeps you warmer than a tee, but doesn't create the bulkiness some jumpers can have to them. 
I like it especially with dark palette outfits like this one here, as it breaks the sea of black, which, believe it or not, I'm not always that keen to swim in.

Finally, the biggest pop of colour you'll probably ever find in my day-to-day style - a deep navy blue oversized trench coat, with a Burberry-esque check on the lining.
It's one of those multipurpose ones, that give you a different look depending on how you wear it - slouchy undergraduate, enhanced by the massive scarf, cinched in the waist for some belted classic elegance, or buttoned all the way down for a high fashion statement/a shocking resemblance to the Paddington bear in my case. 
It's extremely layer-friendly with loads of extra space underneath, and with some silver accents like the hardwear on the office bag and the thick grungy buckle of my belt, it gave me this 'London calling' vibe I was after. 

What has been your staple outfit this Autumn that you find yourself wearing way too often and don't really want to stop? Let me know! 



Hugs and kisses,














Comments

Popular Posts