OOTD: Queen Of Jammies


/Pyjama top - thrifted
Black strappy top - Primark
Bra - H&M
Jeans - Topshop Joni
Bag and pompon - Primark
Boots - H&M
Gold crown - H&M
Sunnies - Rossmann/


Photos: Daddy 

I'm not sure if the consertative land of Poland has embraced this peculiar trend fully yet, but all over the world girls have been wearing silk pyjamas out in the street for a while now, and they are certainly not some luxury mental asylum escaped patients.

Silk Pj's, either patterned (like my gorgeous top above, which probably belonged to a random smelly old man before - he took good care of it though) or plain, with a traditional contrasting line on the edge and a cute pocket, have been huge lately, worn seperately or, even crazier and better, in matching top and bottom sets - preferably in the company of heels, massive oriental earrings and sparkly clutch bags (that's a more of a nighttime option, as you can see I've casual-ed mine down slightly).

They make for an interesting night out garment/outfit, keeping your skin nice and cool, not to mention the very important fact that you can simply hop straight into bed as soon as you're back home - comfort over everything else, am I right?

I would definitely wear one during the day as well, especially if I'm in the mood for swanky and a bit more put together look than my usual 'baggy homeless chic' attire. It's a brilliant day to night transition piece as well - if you have fancy dinner plans, but no time to go back home and change, swap your jumper for a pyjama top and voila! Most of my friends didn't even realise I was wearing pyjamas, so you should be safe ;)

Back to my look, I opted for a full black outfit as a base, wearing the pyjama shirt as a bizarre piece of outerwear, almost resembling a kimono. 
I wanted to focus attention around its unique form, fabric and pattern, making what's underneath only a plain canvas. Not quite as plain as a black tee, as I wore this slightly more elegant strappy top that exposed the lace back detail of my bra beautifully - gotta still make a good impression, when you take your jammies off!
Finally, I decided to play around a little bit more with the accessories - a white handbag with a fluffy pompon brightened the sombre vibe and added a funky element to the outfit; the gold vine crown was on my mind for a while, and I was umming and aahing about it, but finally I just popped it on and thought 'sod it' - if I'm wearing men's pyjama outside of the house, I might as well go all out.


Have you embraced the half or full pyjama look yet? Is it something you'd ever even consider wearing? Let me know! 



Silky hugs,





Comments

Popular Posts