My Leicester Fashion Week Look



*


*


*
Photography:
Courtesy of the gorgeous Kirin Sall, check out her stunning work! 


                                                                                                           

Drumroll please and here it is - the outfit I wore to the Leicester Fashion Week runway show last Friday.

I took at least a few hours of rummaging through the depts of my wardrobe and drawers, in fervor and hope to suddenly be amazed by a piece of clothing I forgot I had and would be Fashion Week appropriate - I did not find such thing, as you'd probably imagine.

So I had to play with the cards that were already dealt out. 

I started with this dusty pink boxy fit blazer, as it simply wouldn't get out of my head and kept staring at me when I tried on different combinations that did not incorporate it. 

Sadly, they all looked like something I would confidently walk into my uni lecture on Monday in, or resembled a not that successful Halloween fancy dress attire. 

So, I went back to the blazer, apologised, and turned to the two autumnal styling methods I pulled out of the rabbit's hat that is the Net -A- Porter fashion channel - lots of layers and shades of the same colour worn head to toe.

After having laid the groundwork with a tight sleeveless burgundy body and a highwaisted velvet a-line skirt in the same colour, I still felt like the outfit was missing something, so I added another texture to the mix with my silk pyjama shirt. 

It instantly brightened the pink and oxblood block look with a bold pattern (however kept in the same colour palette, which tied it all nicely). The fun twist of exposed cuffs made the two garments look as if they were just one piece meant to be worn together, which I humbly claim as well. 

Lastly came the accessories - a very non-complicated velvet choker, as I wanted to maintain as much simplicity as I possibly could with all the colours going on, as well as a burgundy (!) hat and my go-to shiny 'croc on a chain' party bag. 

Strappy Zara heels were not a deliberate choice - they just happen to be the only going out shoes I have with me in England *sad* . If I could, I'd go with a chunky patent black platform or something silver metallic to look even more alien. 

PS: Just in case you're wondering, I did not include a list of outfit details, as EVERYTHING apart from Zara shoes and Primark tights comes from various second-hand stores. Sorry not sorry (I actually feel quite proud).


I hope you enjoyed this - let me know what you'd wear to a fancy catwalk event, to look good but not too OTT :)


Kisses,












Comments

Popular Posts