November Faves!



Jeans - Primark/DIY 
Earrings - Primark
Candle - Primark
Book - Amazon
Business cards - Moo


I know, I know, who's still thinking about November on the 3rd day of the Official Christmas Craze month that has now begun?

I was hesitating whether to put this post up at all, but I thought some of you might be interested in a little Primark appreciation, a small diy project you can do within seconds, as well as a mini book review (yes, I finally read something that isn't 'classic English literature'), either for yourself or your fashion-obsessed love ones :) 

Enjoy! 

First of all, we need to talk Primark, as I've been really impressed with their stuff lately. It seems as though they've taken a huge turn and embarked on a minimalism/trend-heavy journey, as basics like jumper, coats and denim now resemble the cuts and texture of items I see in Zara that are double the price, if not more. Obviously, it is cheaper therefore there must be a catch somewhere and it usually is in quality, however these jeans are nearly a year old, I've worn them to death and nothing tragic has happened. 

Having noticed the 'raw hem' jeans trending literally all over the blogosphere, Instagram and Asos, I naturally though about buying them, but then I remembered I had these cheap bad boys that I had to roll up anyway and could definitely experiment on! One little cut, sharp rip and voila - a perfect casual pair to chuck on with a grey jumper and some black boots. Suprisingly flattering, as although they are a bit baggy and not figure-hugging, the 'Straight' shape skims over the bum and hips nicely. I recommend! 

Next is jewellery, which you know I haven't got much of, but wanted something dainty to catch attention, especially paired with all black outfits that don't scream 'elegant' on their own. These earrings are a two-part contraption, with the sparkly bit going behind your ear. They look much more expensive than two quid and would make a lovely gift too, in case you're browsing Christmas ideas already.

Lastly from Primani, a bit of home winter decor, as who doesn't love that? I fell for this candle immediately, as it has the perfect, soothing salty floral scent - not intense like lavender would usually be. The packaging is very Maison Margiela/Anthropologie - again, a round of applause for less tackiness this season, Primark! 

Onto my 'cultural' purchases, I have to give a shoutout to Moo.com for supplying me with the loveliest first set of business cards in my life and making me feel super stylishly grown up. Their ready-made designs are very clean, minimal and classy, which I thought would be reflected in sky high prices, but suprisingly it wasn't that expensive to order a batch of 50 at all! They came in this gorgeous box/stand that now sits proudly on my desk. Could not be more chuffed with the whole experience and would recommend checking Moo out if you're planning a similar purchase :)

Last but not least, a cheeky Amazon book I ordered when Virginia Woolf started to get a bit unbearable mid-November. It's a diary of British Vogue's Centenary year written by its not so known editor-in-chief, Alexandra Shulman. With a natural, 'human' voice, Shulman unveils the joys and toils of running a world known magazine and juggling it with what appears to be a need for a normal family life and routines she does in fact have. An easy readable account of what it's really like to work in fashion journalism. Check it out if you're into Vogue and everything that surrounds it.


Hope you've been having a great start to December so far and till next time! 


If you have any suggestions for Christmas related posts, let me know in the comments! 


Love,










Comments

Popular Posts